Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Establishing Professional Contacts

I am currently working on a master's degree in early childhood. Part 1 of my assignment this week was to make contact with two early childhood professionals outside of the United States. I have spent over 15 hours on the internet and have made little progress. I have become overly frustrated by this process. I have been contacted by a teacher from Spain, but she teaches high school English. I have even joined two organizations in hopes of making contact.

Just tonight I was contacted by Shannon. She serves on the local school board as a registered designated ECE for the Associaton of Early Childhood Educators in Ontario, Canada. I look forward to getting to know her and to become familiar with the unique challenges of her position. She is a member of the Association of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario (AECEO). http://www.aeceo.ca/

I hope to hear from someone else this coming week.

Part 2 of the assignment is to peruse the website of an early childhood organization. I am a member of three different organizations. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is my personal favorite. They are a national organization dedicated to "issues related to early childhood education practice, policy, and/or professional development for which there are controversial or critical opinions." http://www.naeyc.org/ This organization offers professional development in the form of conferences for early childhood educators. It offers several resources, including a quarterly publication called Young Children and NAEYC Radio. It works to ensure that professionals and families are provided the necessary resources to aid in the high quality development of young children. NAEYC works at the local, state and federal levels to positively impact policy change as it relates to early childhood. I encourage anyone in the field of early childhood to join the NAEYC and become part of something greater than yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment